Monday, February 4, 2008

Yikes!


Hi Everybody!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I sure did - even if did get pretty scarey halfway through it.

Everyone knows my beautiful car:Well it tried to kill my mum!
On Sunday night she was driving home from her friend's place (about a 3 minute drive) when she noticed smoke coming from the windscreen dimister vents. She got really scared and pulled the car over imediatly and grabbed her camera and jumped out of the car.
She called her friend (the one she had been at) and he came straight away with his dad. When his dad (who we'll call P), When P opened the door he could smell the smoke straight away and said it must have been an electrical fault somewhere.
Mum was releived that the whole car didn't catch on fire - but she was also annoyed to the hills considering my car has had so many problems since she bought it. So P disconnected the battery and it sat there for the night - Mum was dropped home by her friend.
Luckily, when mum's dad had a look at it the next day it turned out to be just the radio - which had burnt out and smouldered on itself. So that is now removed and thankfully it isn't going to cost much to put in a new CD player. Mum is extremely relieved!
Luckily I wasn't in the car!
We did go for a hike the day earlier though - It was great. I got to wear my pack and everything.
5 More days to Go!
Till Next time -




3 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

What a bummer about you car!! Luckily it was an easy fix!

Great hiking pics!

Can't wait to see pics of you and your new brother!!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your car but we are glad all is ok and your mum is safe.

I loved the hiking pics - you look great in your backpack!

River

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, luckily it did not catch on fire or else, there goes the whole poor car! Glad to know that the car didn't decide to kill your mom...I'm sure it loves your mom too much to do so. Those are some really nice pictures! The background is very pretty!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer