Friday, October 12, 2007

Today is Friday!

Well last night was an interesting experience. Mum sat on a chair for ages getting her hair played with (you know I always find humans funny how they only have hair on their heads) and massaged by her mum.

Then she disapered into the shower and next thing she came down and her hair was a differant colour! Oh my! I couldn't beleive it. I don't know how but her hair changed from a dark blonde to a chocolately brown. I have to admit it looks very nice and almost as yummy as chocolate itself! She did tell me off for licking it though when I tried to sneak a taste.

Last night was lots of fun as mum's boyfriend came around and he tried to get me to do some tricks. I wasn't real interested until he brought out the Smackos.... yum! He had me jumping through hoops - well weaving through his legs at least. His nice, but for some reason he doesn't like my wet cold nose... Mum say's he doesn't like her's either. Oh well, his loss.
I have quiet the variety of tricks that I preform on cue - and sometimes after a few half hearted attempts.
  • I ring a cow bell to go outside - this is my favourite trick. Specially when mum is eating as I hope to get some of her food for being a good girl.
  • Sit, stay, drop - as all good dogs should know
  • Round - I circle my mum clockwise
  • Twirl - I do a circle infront of mum depending on which way she indicated
  • Through - I weave through mum's legs
  • Target - I touch a target with my paw, I can touch up to three targets!
  • Up - I sit on my back legs and put my front paws on mum's hip.
  • Roll-over - I just learnt this last night, it's fun but I still have to work on it
  • Bow - I used to do this when I was younger but haven't done it in ages. I think mum has forgotten that I can bow.

As you can see I know a lot of tricks and I learn heaps more everyday. Mum said she was going to teach me to play dead soon. That'll be fun cause I can trick lots of people!

After all the trick training I got tired so I layed on mum who was laying on her boyfriend and then the stupid cat decided he wanted to lie on all of us! Could you beleive it? Mum got a bit angry and told us all to get off before we suffocated her boyfriend. He's big and strong, I'm sure he can handle it.

Afterwards we all got really sleepy and it was time for me to go outside and to bed so mum could drop her boyfriend home. It was a nice night last night.

When I woke up and was let inside, mum said something about putting the dog gate back up and letting me sleep in the laundry again. I'm not sure whether I will like this but I'm sure willing to try it out. I think she is starting to get things ready for my new brother. Although she said he wont be coming until next year sometime.

She also said that she'll be getting her new camera soon. She said hopefully tonight but she isn't exactly sure yet. She has to ring up tonight about it.

Until next time -

6 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Hi Codie!!! My name is Holly and I'm and Alaskan Malamute too!!! I use to be the ONLY Mal on DWB!! It's so nice to finally have another of my kind blogging! You are VERY handsome!! I also like to lay on my back to sleep. It's a great way to get belly rubs!

That whole tricks thing though, has got to go! You must NEVER do what your humans want you too! Stop now!! Rebel, Rebel!!!!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous and smart - you got the whole package going on Cody!!

Welcome to DWB - your blog is absolutely fantastic I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing and reading more about you - your mum takes brilliant photos!

River

Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Codie! It's sooo nice meeting you. Wooooow! You can do alot of tricky tricks too... Groovy!

I'm also a tricky trick dog & can do more than 20 tricks & dance moves. I'm a dancing dog too by the way living in Malaysia & I'm Malaysia's only dancing Golden. Yeah, there hardly any here in my county, sad isn't it? I have another friend who can dance very well too but he's a JRT.

The newest trick that I've just learned was the 'Shy' trick. That trick you must learn coz it makes the the audience go AWWWWW becoz it's just soooper cute! You can the video of me demonstrating how to learn it in my older posts. Recently I just did the Rookie & Carolyn Scott dance, The one with the 'Grease' song. Watched that video online before? I thought my performance was so-so only but I will improve come day coz I'm still young & only started dancing last year with my mommy Melissa.

Ooops! I think I'm talking too much about myself here. Okay enuf is enuf! Hope to watch a video of you doing some neat tricks soon. Come & visit my bloggie ok? You will enjoy watching all the vids of me doing groovy tricks. See ya there soon. Oh & don't forget to say HI to me in my Cbox. Tata Codes!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Lacy said...

woofies codie!! nice to meeteded u...and verwy good at trwicks..an a bute ti ful doggys too...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hi Codie,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you, and I am sure you will have lots of fun here :-)

Love
Opy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Codie
Nice to meet you! Welcome to the DWB world!
You are very smart doing all those tricks! I don't do any trick, my mom says I am a lost case!
Your mom takes great pictures of you!
Have a good night
Lorenza